Another day, another set of links, allll riiiiight.....
- The Boston Red Sox bounced back from the marathon loss on Wednesday night/Thursday morning with an 8-2 win Thursday afternoon, thanks to the right arm of Tim Wakefield, who lost a no hitter with one out in the eighth inning. He pitched a complete game and gave the overused bullpen a much needed day off. Dice-K is headed to the DL.
- The Portland Sea Dogs fell to New Britain 6-3, and finished up their homestand with a record 4-3. They go on the road for 7, starting tonight at Binghamton. You can catch that at 6:35 PM.
- The University of Maine announced that the Men's soccer and Women's volleyball teams were suspended due to budget constraints.
- The Portland Pirates blanked the Providence Bruins 3-0 to take 1-0 lead in the best of 7 playoff series.
- Get ready for the memories of Bulls/Celtics 1986, as the Celtics will face the Bulls in the first round.