(Looks around, wondering where everyone is). Nope, no worries, I'll do the quick-hits...
- The Red Sox jumped out to a 5 run lead against the Royals and coasted the rest of the way home to victory. Oh, wait, no, they actually coughed up a 5 run lead and fell to the Royals 8-6. They are now in a first-place tie with the ...bleck...New York Yankees.
- The Sea Dogs wasted a strong pitching performance from Felix Doubront in a 2-1 loss against Binghamton at Hadlock Field. Couple of things from this game. First, the Sea Dogs played phenomenal defense. Josh Reddick threw out a runner at home in the first inning, and then made a web gem catch in the seventh to keep the game tight. In the ninth John Otness threw out a runner trying to steal second, and Argenis Diaz made fantastic play on a bad-hop grounder to throw out a runner at third base. Felix Doubront survived a potentially awful first inning and bounced back to go 5 innings. Defense and pitching, check. Offense? Missing.
- Jesse Speirs has a 3 shot lead at the 90th Maine Amateur at Martindale in Auburn.
- Rasheed Wallace was introduced as a member of the Boston Celtics yesterday.
- Don't forget the Maine Red Claws are having "Pick-A-Seat" day at the Expo tomorrow. It's from 11a-2p and should be a fantastic time.
- Also "Hit Like a Girl" debuts today here at the CMSB, I urge you to check it out. Remember, "The Big Jab Weekend Warm-up" tomorrow at 9am on 96.3 The Big Jab.