A new feature we are going to start this week is the "Weekend We-View", basically a summary of things people may have missed over the weekend and links to stories from the weekend. Without further hoopla (click the link and comeback, seriously).
- The three finalists for the Fitzpatrick trophy are Bangor's Lonnie Hackett, Dirigo's Nic Crutchfield and Windham's Jack Mallis. The winner will be announced at noon on January 17th in Portland.
- The Duke Blue Devils women's team, coached by former UMaine head coach Joanne Palombo-McCallie, invade Orono tonight.
- Maine's men's basketball game against Princeton scheduled for yesterday was postponed. No make-up date has been announced.
- The Red Claws fell to Fort Wayne at the Expo on Saturday night. Jeff has all the coverage for you right here, including our exclusive post-game audio and photos.
- Jayson Stark from ESPN joined us on "The Big Jab Weekend Warm-Up" Saturday morning to talk hot stove. Not only did he mention that he thin s Adrian Gonzalez isn't on the block, but he also agrees with Matty that one of the reasons the Phillies went after Roy Halladay was because of Halladay's work ethic, with hope it rubs off on Cole Hamels, similar to how Halladay's work ethic rubbed off on AJ Burnett in Toronto.
- The Portland Sea Dogs will see some changes to the Eastern League this season with a new realignment (good news for Phillies fans in Maine).
- Weekend Warm-Up recurring guest Ian Rapoport from the Boston Herald has all of the aftermath from the Patriots ugly 17-10 over Buffalo.
- The Celtics rebounded from a crapfest on Friday with a blow-out win over Minnesota on Sunday.
- Oh, and Mike Lowell isn't going to the Texas Rangers after all.