Hadlock Field was empty Wednesday, as were baseball fan's souls.(Pierre's Exchange St)
The absolute most crap-tastic sports day of the year was Wednesday, so of course Jeff sticks me with the links. I owe him one now...
- The Eastern League All-Star game, which was more difficult to find online than Waldo, was won by the Southern Division 5-3. Sea Dogs-wise, Dustin Richardson and Chris Province pitched well, Lars Anderson went 0-2 and Jorge Jimenez 0-4.
- Marco Sturm does not plan on waiving his no-trade clause.
- The Bruins and Flyers made it official yesterday, Fenway will host the Outdoor Classic this year.
- An Auburn man lost his life after the car he was racing at Oxford Plains hit the wall. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
- There might be a reason for Nick Green's average going down.
- The ESPY's took place, but, as usual, will not be broadcast until Sunday. Why, you ask? According to ESPN's Bill Hofheimer "(We do that)so we can enhance the telecast for our viewers with special behind-the-scenes (footage) and backstage winner reactions and interviews." Now you know. What do you think? Would you rather see it live?
- Chris Sedenka is now 365 days away from being 30. Happy 29th!