1. Cincinnati (6-0, 2-0 in conference):The Bearcats remain at the top, following a fantastic road win at South Florida.Next Step…Getting Tony Pike healthy for Louisville, and the remainder of the year.
2. Pittsburgh (6-1, 3-0):Offense continues to cruise, while the defense is ratcheting up.Next Step…Huge home game against South Florida.
3. South Florida (5-1, 1-1):Disappointing defensive performance against Cincinnati, especially after Tony Pike left the game.Next Step…Tough bounce-back game at Pitt.
4. West Virginia (5-1, 1-0):Quarterback questions after the injury to Jarrett Brown.Next Step…UConn at home.
5. Connecticut (4-2, 1-1):A nice win, followed by tragedy over the weekend.Jasper Howard was taken away from us way too soon.Next Step…Playing with heavy hearts at WVU.
6. Rutgers (4-2, 0-2):Good effort in a loss against a much better Pitt team.Next Step…Trap game at Army.
7. Syracuse (2-4, 0-2):Much-needed bye week, following two losses.Next Step…Revenge game against lowly Akron.
8. Louisville (2-4, 0-2): You wonder how much longer Steve Kragthorpe has a job.Next Step…Trying not to get trounced by Cincinnati.