The week is almost over, which means many things, but most notably it means we are only two days away from a brand new "Weekend Warm-Up" and the start of NFL Playoff Football. Can I get an "Amen"?
- The Celtics overcame Joey Crawford's whistle and D-Wade's late regulation heroics to beat Miami in OT. The Celtics tied it with 0.6 seconds left when Pierce inbounded an alley-oop lay-up to Rondo, and it was one of the prettiest plays ever.
- The Red Sox announced some movement within the organization, including a promotion for former Sea Dogs pitching coach Mike Cather.
- The Baseball Hall of Fame announced that former Montreal Expo Andre Dawson was elected to the Hall of Fame. This of course was overshadowed due to the usual antics, including 5 voters who turned in blank ballots and other people who voted for David Segui, Ellis Burks, Eric Karros, and the like.
- Tom Brady won the NFL Comeback Player of the Year award. He feigned ignorance at his daily press conference.
- The Celtics waived Lester Hudson for apparent financial reasons. The good news is Brian Scalabrine is still on the team (listen closely, you can hear me screaming).